Saturday, June 28, 2008

Working on the Potty Training







We've been working a little harder on the potty training this week.  After breakfast we potty and put underwear/panties on.  I set the timer on the micro for 30 minutes.  When the timer goes off I put them each on the potty to try.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  I put diapers back on after lunch for nap time.  It's been working out pretty good.  I got this idea from a preschool that we would like to start the kids in...particularly Landon and Sadie.  This is what they do in the 2 year old class.  Once they are at least 75% trained, then they can move up to the 3 year old class.  I think it's a great idea.  I would love for them to be trained by their 3rd birthday (july 20th).  I'm not sure if that will happen with all the visitors we will be having between now and then.  We will be out and about and doing fun things.  
Here are some funny pictures I took this morning while sporting their underwear!  Notice Duke has a pair on over his diaper.  He wants to be just like his big brother and sister!  They are hand-me-downs from cousin Luke...size 4, so pretty big on him!  They just look too cute!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

here is an idea that worked for us- the kids were really into blue's clues and when they would go on the potty, they would get to call Blue on the phone (actually Troy, but he did a great impersonation of Blue). they loved it and made them want to go only go on the potty. i also did the Dr. Phil- potty training in a day- we had a baby doll that went potty and then brandt would go. we would celebrate and he would call blue. it worked great and brandt was potty trained in no time at all.

Chelle said...

So funny! I can't even handle Duke in his underwear. That is hysterical. I'm cracking up!

Stephanie Karnes said...

they definitely love Blue's Clues! it's worth a try. greg thinks it's a hilarious idea!!