Sunday, June 1, 2008

Making History

Today went down in history for a couple reasons.  First of all, the shuttle took off around 5pm from Kennedy Space Center.  Greg and I thought it would be a neat thing for the kids to watch.  It was pretty hilarious because none of them can actually pronounce the word "spaceship," so instead it was coming out as "face chip."  We did have to entice Landon to watch by telling him the "spaceship" was going up to find Buzz Lightyear!  Once he started watching you can see by the pic that he was excited.  Cool picture on the tv too!

Duke getting in on the excitement.

Sadie always has a cheesy smile.


The second reason for making history today was that the kids had their first night with their new babysitter!  She is so sweet and great with the kids.  They love her!  None of them cried when we left, which was a huge blessing because that always makes it harder on me.  I had her come over a couple days earlier to meet the kids and play with them.  They hit it off really well.  She's going to be a junior in high school.  She is a great Godly girl who comes from a great family.  She even gave all three of them a bath, which is a huge task in itself!!  Thanks Ashley for giving us a break and doing a wonderful job with our children!  I'm sure we will continue to use her.  Greg and I enjoyed a kid-free dinner at Bonefish Grill to celebrate his 32nd birthday.  I managed to swallow down a few bites of seafood.  I pretty much despise seafood and the smell of it, but figured the least I could do was try.  I ate 2 coconut breaded shrimp.  The first piece wasn't too bad, but the second one didn't go down as easy.  Next I tried a bite of crab cake...not too bad.  My last attempt at seafood was a bite of Greg's lobster tail.  I came very close to puking!  All I could say was "it tastes like grissle!!"  Greg could not believe I thought it tasted like grissle...I think it was the texture...I don't know.  Greg was proud of me for at least venturing out and trying.  Next we went to Target to pick up diapers and wipes and got some ideas for Landon & Sadie's birthday.  Then had dessert at Cold Stone Creamery...yum yum!!  We were both stuffed!!  What a great day!!

3 comments:

Mandy Farris said...

yay for date nights and sitters!
good for you for going out. I'm so glad they didn't cry and liked the sitter. That makes life so much easier. Thats good, now it will be so much easier to to it again.

Chelle said...

Grown up dinner???? What's that?? No, seriously... YAY for you guys! Steve and I are going into the city tomorrow for dinner and a concert. I can't wait! Those "date nights" are so rare!

Stephanie Karnes said...

hope you and steve had a nice date night too! what concert?