Saturday, May 24, 2008

Surviving without Daddy



We are getting by without daddy home, but counting down the hours!  Only one more day.  First thing this morning Sadie said, "I want daddy to come home."  She constantly wants to call him.  (and everyone else too!)  She's quite the phone talker.  We've been keeping busy though.  Last night was fun.  We went to the Tot Lot to play.  There were a couple kids there.  The girl 6th grade and boy in 2nd.  The girl loved the kids and played very well with them.  It helped me out too.  Sadie caught a lizard single-handedly, and they had a blast playing with it.  Each of them got to hold it.  She is scared of ants, but has no fear of lizards!  We took a stroll down to see the neighborhood gopher turtle.  We finally caught it out of its hole (a rare occasion).

By 10:30 this morning we had already went on a run, played at the tot lot, and "swam" in the pool.  A busy morning...hoping for long naps!   I was a bit frustrated during the run.  I can't count how many times I had to stop to pick up cups.  I just got to thinking about how every little thing I do 24 hours a day involves a kid next to me (especially when greg is out of town).  I can't shower, go to the bathroom, exercise, eat, watch tv, talk on the phone, grocery shop, do the banking, or sleep by myself.  I get maybe one hour of alone time a day.  I guess it's just wearing me out.  I don't want to complain...I love my kids dearly...it's just a bit exhausting at times.  
Time to change diapers and get them down for naps.  I'll post more pics later.  

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I feel your pain sister! I know you wouldn't trade a minute of it... but it would be nice to pee in private!!! At least every now and then.

Stephanie Karnes said...

no kidding!! they fight over who gets to flush the toilet!!

Mandy Farris said...

i can feel you on this one too. i only have 2 but its either holding a baby, laying the baby down and then crying or jeremiah wanting me or something to eat. this kid could eat all day long! I love when dave gets home so i can have a little peace. Im glad Greg made it safely home and you got a nice quiet run. have a good rest of the week!