Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A little piece of Heaven

Sadie really took to Josiah.  This pic is too cute!

Can you see the pure excitement?!?!

I think Landon is trying to sit on it.

Adorable!

Love the face!!

I experienced something this morning that I have not experienced in a long time...a run by myself!!  No kids telling mommy "i don't want to go fast!"  No sippy cups or snack bags being thrown on the ground.  No one yelling, "i want to go to the tot lot!" or "i want to go see the turtle!"  So maybe I'm exaggerating a bit when I say "a little piece of heaven," but by golly...it was nice!!  I believe the last time I ran alone was while living in Burlington, KY before I was pregnant with Landon & Sadie.  Too long!!
I hope you all had a nice Memorial Day.  We did!  We spent ours in Tampa.  We left about 9am and got home around 10:30pm.  Greg went golfing with my brother Tim and Cheyenne Jenkins, who is one of the partners in Tampa.  The kids and I spent the afternoon with Aunt Jess & Josiah Jenkins at the aquarium.  We looked at some fish and other animals, then had fun at the water area.  While playing in the water I noticed a lady who works for the aquarium taking tons of pictures of Sadie and Landon.  Later she came up and said "I've been taking pictures and noticed you were too.  I'm sorry.  Here's a card, you can look at them in about 45 minutes."  I pointed out Duke and told her all 3 were mine, and that I didn't mind her taking the pictures.  (i'm not sure why she apologized)  She went on to tell me how cute they were...I was beaming, of course!  After that she started taking pics of Duke and even more of the other two.  I thought it was pretty neat.  I haven't had a chance to look at them online yet.  I didn't get many of Landon.  He would never look up at me.  Plus it was a little difficult with all that water spraying around and trying to keep up with 4 kids!  

That evening we all went over to Alec & Melissa Rankin's for a cookout.  (he is the other partner)  The kids were very good and had a blast.  The Rankin's have a dog, so that was much excitement for Landon, Sadie, & Duke.  Here are some pics from our fun day.
 

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Every time you mention Tampa I'm amazed that you are now living right where I spent most of my life. That is just so ironic! Glad you made some great memories with Greg and the kids. Miss you guys tons!