Thursday, May 15, 2008

a BIG day!!




Part way through this morning I realized that today is a very big day.  First of all, "we" went running for the first time in 9 months!  (i'll get to that later)  Secondly, Duke is 18 months old, and last of all, today is my mom's birthday.  "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM & GRANDMA!!"  I really can't believe my baby boy is a year and a half!  Sometimes it seems like yesterday that I was laying on that hospital bed pushing out that 9 pounder!  (maybe too much info for some)  Duke is really a great baby.  He's always been so easy-going and smiley, not to mention a HUGE momma's boy!!  I had to add some pics of my "Dukester" (as Sadie calls him) to my post today.  The first pic was from the day we took him home from the hospital, just 24 hours after he was born.  The next two are pics I took of him today.  Too cute!  
Now to my running.  I was really starting to feel like a professional as I was putting on my new Nike shoes, shorts, and tank.  But, about 30 seconds into my run the "professionalism" feeling left and I started feeling more like a lazy, out of shape mom!  I'm just lucky that I have little squirts for kids.  Landon, my heavyweight is a massive 26 1/2 lbs., Sadie 24 1/2, and bringing up the rear is Duke at 22.  A grand total of 73 lbs, plus figuring in the weight of the stroller which i'm sure is at least 20-30 lbs.  I told myself I would do 3 laps around the subdivision.  A neighbor told me it was 0.7 miles.  After the first lap I was sure she had to be off by at least 10 miles!  But...I did it and I was proud!  (It only took 27 minutes.)  We then walked to the Tot Lot for some play time.  When we got to the house I decided to throw the kids in the van to check for sure the distance of my route.  It was 0.8 miles...I told you she was off!!  So all in all I ran 2.4 miles.  Now the challenge will be to keep it up.  I would love to do it 3 times a week.  That would make me happy.  
It's almost dinner time.  Just doing the easy pizza tonight.  It's been a long day, but a good one.  Greg was gone before 5am and won't be home til after bedtime.  Breakfast, lunch, dinner, nap & bedtimes by yourself can be a bit exhausting, but all worth it when you look at their precious sleeping faces at the end of the day!  

4 comments:

Mandy Farris said...

You go girl! That is an awesome 1st run. Keep it up!
I'm sorry you were alone to do it all today. At least it's sunny there. We are supposed to get rain for another week, yuk!

Mandy Farris said...

why did you switch the picture?

Stephanie Karnes said...

i thought this one was better. it's closer up and can see his face, plus i'm not in it!! :)

Chelle said...

At least you've started using your running shoes. I haven't even begun! Maybe next week. I think you just shamed me into it.