Saturday, July 12, 2008

Funny Potty Stories


I knew Landon had to do #2 this morning.  (i won't tell you how i knew that!)  I also knew if I put a diaper on him he would run off to a room and go in less than 5 minutes.  Instead I sat him on the potty and told him to poop.  He fought it and fought it.  I tried many different tactics.  About halfway into it Sadie even took an attempt to help.  She is telling him "1...2...3...push!"  She also held his hands like I was doing earlier.  So sweet!  At one point I got him to at least push a bit.  He looks at me and says, "That smells good."  It's all I could do but laugh!  Half an hour later I hear him yelling, "mommy mommy I did it!  I got the poop out!"  Sure enough he did and he was so proud!!  He went running thru the house, with little red toilet rings on his bottom from sitting so long, to tell daddy the good news.  Hopefully a little quicker next time...but at least some progress!

At another time this morning I checked Sadie's diaper to see if she had peed.  I said to her, "No pee!"  She said back to me, "No more peeing in my diaper.  It's a waste of money."  Wonder where she heard that??

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Hilarious Steph! I miss those days! I'm glad you are smart enough to enjoy them. So many times we get overwhelmed and forget to find joy in the little day to day moments. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

woo-hoo!!!!