Monday, July 21, 2008

Big Birthday Weekend!

It was a big weekend for us.  My birthday was on the 18th, Landon & Sadie on the 20th, and our anniversary is today.  Not everything worked out as I would have hoped for, but Landon & Sadie's party turned out pretty darn good!  On Saturday night I thought there was free babysitting at our church.  We got ready, loaded up, and drove 35 minutes just to find out it was the night before.  I don't know how I got mixed up.  Here were 4 very hungry adults (me, greg, tim, jess) and 4 kids ready to play at church.  Sadie was crying as we pulled out because she didn't understand.  We tried to make the most of it.  We stopped by Toys R Us to pick up their new tricycles from Grandma & Papaw Blackburn.  Once we got home the guys went in town to get us some food while Jess and I stayed to watch the kids.  About 9:15 we were finally eating and the kids were still very wired!!  Not quite the evening we were expecting!  Oh well...things happen.  On Sunday Landon & Sadie turned 3 years old!  We had a big birthday bash for them that evening.  There were 12 adults, 7 kids, & tons of fun!  The kids had a blast playing with new friends, eating cake, & opening gifts.  We had a great time, but I was a bit relieved when the night came to an end.  Parties are hard work!

New tricycles!!
Tim was letting the air out of the balloon into her mouth.  This was her facial expression after each time!  It was hilarious!!
My sweet boy!!  After Daddy fixed his hair, he walked out and said, "Mommy, I look good now."
They LOVED their Dora & Diego cake!  We could hardly keep their fingers out of it!
After tearing into the cake.  Nice blue mouth Sadie!  We caught her spooning icing off the big cake later!  I think Landon only ate his icing too.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Looks like a fun birthday! Give them hugs from the Kiefer family!

Rachel said...

hey..just remember that "back up blue...aka...troy" is just a verizon phone call away!

arlogut said...

happy everything!

Mandy Farris said...

hey, you look so pretty in this picture. Looks like it was a success. Did they have blue poop for a day or two. I know Jeremiah always does after food coloring like that. Glad it went well!!!